Kayleigh's Lovebean Lime EnergyBalls
Here is a wonderful healthy low gycemic energy ball recipe created by our niece Kayleigh!
Lovebean Loves Lime Energy Balls
You will need:
¾ cup unsalted
¼ cup unsalted cashews
2 limes (zest and juice)
1 ½ cups pitted dates (chopped)
¼ cup Lovebean (Raw or Hazelnut taste great)
pinch of salt
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Place the almonds and cashews into a food processor or a good blender and pulse until fully chopped.
- Pour chopped nuts into a large bowl. Add the zest and juice of both limes, the chopped dates, salt and Lovebean.
- Stir to combine. Depending on the power of your food processor or blender, you will need to decide how much of the mixture to blend at a time. If you have a very powerful food processor, you can probably blend the entire amount, but we find that even in a Vitamix blender, this works best when you blend about ¼ of the mixture at a time.
- Once everything is blended, place the mixture back into a bowl.
- Roll the mixture into 10 equal-sized balls.
- Place the coconut flakes into a small bowl and roll each ball through (you may have to press the coconut into each ball to get it to stick) the coconut.
- Place your energy balls into an airtight container and store in the refrigerator to enjoy whenever you need a healthy energy boost!